Monday, October 8, 2007

There's Change on the Horizon

Sorry if this entry is just a hodge podge of things.

First off, I've been working with a dear online friend of mine on coming up with a customized layout for my blog. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to see the finished product of what it comes out to. Her and I seem to have a lot of the same likes but she has the "technical experience" and I don't. I have my likes, it's putting it all together that I just can't do. To think that her and I would have never "met" had it not been for the beauty of the internet. She and I have a lot in common so we just "meld" so well. Oh and for those looking for someone to blame for the most boring blog on the internet... it was her idea that I start one. (Sorry Kat couldn't resist. Love ya!!!)

Second order of business is that I would like to send another congratulations to my best friend on the purchase of their new house. It is absolutely fabulous!!! It's large, has gorgeous lines, and I must say that I'm jealous of her kitchen!!! (I hope you don't mind if I steal parts of the design of your kitchen in say... 10 or 15 years...) Congratulations, Jessi and family!!!

Don't worry, I'll spare you. See I can be a nice girl when I want to be. *Smile*

Speaking of candlelight tour... John and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Friday by first going to a soccer practice (real romantic eh?) then going to a local tourist attraction where they were having a candlelight tour. It was absolutely fantastic!!! I would highly recommend it to anyone. (To avoid giving details on where I live, I'm choosing not to give too much information but if you are truly interested, leave me a comment and I'll give some details.) Anyway, it was a pioneer town and the paths were lit with REAL candles. Just amazing. I think it will become a new anniversary ritual for John and I.

As we're moving to less than two weeks to the big consultation, my nerves are starting to find their way into the open. There is so much question hanging on this one little appointment. I'm not fully sure what to hope for at this point because I don't want to get my hopes up too far. However, I'll admit that I'm optimistic about it. I think the whole nerves thing got me on a bit of a psychological melt-down over the weekend. (Not that anyone would know because I always hide my feelings very well.) Anyway, I thought a lot about what may be in my future and the path that is laid out before me. So many things could happen but ultimately they all lead to the same thing... It's not going to be easy living with the knowledge I have a brain tumor. I just keep reminding myself that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. It's not the road I would have chosen, if given the choice, but sometimes he has to keep me on my toes because I get in a rut.

Ok, that's getting a bit... errr down so I'm going to stop while I'm ahead. Just remember, live each day to the fullest, hug and kiss your babies often, make sure those special in your life know just how much, and last but not least cherish every precious second!!!

May God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment