Thursday, December 11, 2008

Giving Thanks, the Fifteenth Edition

I'm going to step back now and give some specific thanks to some whom I either skimmed over or didn't give a very good tribute to. Today is the first of those.

I give thanks for my wonderful, caring, and tolerant husband. He has been tolerant of so much over our 12 years of marriage and I sometimes forget just how lucky I am to have him. I'm not an easy person to live with some most of the time. However, he has done so with no little complaint. Some of my "rules" although in an attempt to protect him, were uncalled for as are some of my extreme views. Sometimes I tend to forget that he is also an adult but I think I am getting better. :)

Over the last 12 years we have been through a lot together. We dealt with the typical "start a family with little to no money," buying a home, "redoing the bathroom" (Some say this is a true test of a marriage), infertility, a heart scare, and now brain cancer. I believe that we have proven over these years that in good times and in bad, we were meant to be together. He's put up with crazy rules, anxiety issues, lots of worrying over me, and lately the moody *bleep* I've become. However, he still loves me and reminds me every day how much he needs me in his life. He just doesn't realize how much more I need him in mine.

I love you, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment