Well, it's official... in 48 hours I will be going into surgery. Surprisingly, I'm not near as nervous as I thought I would be at this point in the game. I'm holding up very well... Or at least I would be if I had about half as many things still on my to-do list. I have got a ton of stuff to do today but I know I will get them done. A deadline is a very good motivator. :)
Anyway, this is also my 200th post since beginning this blog. I never dreamed I'd start a blog, let alone get to 200 posts. I guess when you have something like a brain tumor the words just come a bit easier... ok, you're right, to anyone else they wouldn't come easier it's just me.
The plans for the next 48 hours are as such:
- Today we are finishing work on the house and I've got some paperwork I need to print out and get signed.
- Sometime this afternoon, we are going to go out and I'm going to get my hair "readied" for the big surgery.
- We are going to have dinner with my parents and brother.
- Monday morning will be family time.
- We will leave at noon or slightly before to drop my son off at a dear friend's house.
- We will drive to Chicago where we will meet up with a group of friends to have a mini Flyfest. :)
- We will stay that night with yet another friend.
- I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM on Tuesday. Surgery is tentatively slated for 7:30 AM.
- There will be updates as often as possible as the day progresses.
- Sometime early afternoon on Wednesday, I plan on being out of ICU and will be posting to update you all. :D
We are all packed for the trip with the exception of those things that you can't pack until you are ready to walk out the door. With any luck I'm as planned for this trip as any other I've taken in my life.
I will attempt to post again Tuesday morning before surgery if they don't have me so busy I don't get the chance. Just in case I don't... I love ya all!!! *Huggles*