Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Twelve Day Blog Update

Some of you that receive my email updates will already have this but I'm posting it here too. :)

Hey Everyone.

Sorry I've been so bad about sending out updates since I've been back home. I guess the lack of any "formal routine" has made the days go quicker than I realize and by the time I think about things like updates... well, I'm no longer set to send them. Things will probably still be pretty lack of routine until after I have my two week follow-up on Tuesday. I have been really careful about the things I do so as not to aggravate stitches or anything so I've been doing what I'm supposed to I guess. You know, just taking it easy. :)

Anyway, I still can't complain much at all as far as how smoothly everything has gone so far. I can pretty much do what I want just with much more caution. I can't do any lifting, have to avoid bending and stuff, and my stamina is less than 5% but I'm listening to my body and resting when I need to and when I hit the right combination I can get myself feeling really good rested. My biggest complaints at the moment are that my joints are hurting me from the steroids but I've been told to go back on my Glucosomine and I've been doing some light isometrics so I'm hoping that will start alleviating that problem as we move along. Again, after I see the doctor on Tuesday, I'll be able to move into a bit more without freaking out about stressing something. I just don't want aggravating stitches or anything at this point. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... No going back now.

I will say to those I saw last night at dance... It was great seeing you all and you will never believe that the few hours I spent with all of you meant!!! It was truly a lift for my spirits, it felt good to get out, and seeing all of you really warmed my heart and set me up for the days to continue. I miss all of you already and can't wait to be back there on the dance floor with all of you... even if I know that will be quite a ways off yet. For those that don't know, I was able to spend a few very quality hours at a square dance last night with all of my wonderful friends there. Everyone has been so wonderful to me and being able to cut loose for a few hours was just what the doctor ordered. I won't deny that I was exhausted when I got home last night but I slept for 8 very deep hours and that was just as needed. I had gotten into way to many catnaps so the total deep sleep just hit the spot last night.

Well, I'm going to wrap this up now. It's about time for my noon nap. I will continue to post updates to the blog about the "history" and past pictures and I have a very special picture I need to break down and take today or else. I promise they will be coming soon. I'm just listening to my body right now.

I love ya all and Big Huggles,

No comments:

Post a Comment