Monday, June 16, 2008

Finally, A One Week Update

Well, I'm not sure if I've actually been listening to my body of if I've just been putting off some serious blog entries because I'm too annoyed to figure out how to post some pics, but I apologize for not sending some better updates prior to now. Honestly, I think a majority of it is that I've got some really important things to post and I'm trying to figure out how best to do it without running a vast majority of you off. You see, I guess it's a bit unusual to actually take pictures in the early days post surgery and I have a ton of them. I really want to post them, because I think they are beneficial but at the same time, I don't want to expose anything to something they are not prepared to see. Get my dilemma? I'm not an HTML expert by any stretch of the word. What would be ideal is to be able to have "hidden" pictures but I don't even know how to begin to do that so I need a work-a-round. If anyone has any ideas to give me the push in the right direction, I'm all ears. :)

I guess I should make an actual update. We have been home since Friday night and it has been great being in my own bed. I think we have all been resting a bit easier and honestly, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I have had a few spots of stir crazy but I think that's to be expected. I am slowly increasing my activity by taking a small walk outside each day. My goal is to be able to at least make the one-way trip to my neighbors house by the end of the week. We'll see if I succeed or not. For now I'm just happy to walk to the mailbox and up around the house to watch the kittens play. It brightens my day.

Surprisingly, I haven't spend near the time attached to this thing or my reading as I thought I would. I figured I'd be so bored by now that I'd be just grasping for things to do. I guess I just didn't replace the fluid IV with a laptop cord quite like I thought I would. Honestly, it doesn't bother me because I know I still have a long way of recovery left and I will be needing the "activity" later more than I do now. I do know it's bothered John a little though because he's worried about my mental state. Don't worry, I think that considering what has happened over the past week, I am doing just as everyone would expect. Optimistic, determined, fighting to slow down, and just happy to be here and functioning.

I just want to send a quick shoutout to everyone who has sent me emails, cards, and flowers. I apologize for not getting back to you all individually but I'm sure I will as the days start to tick on. I really appreciate them and they really do know how to lift my spirits. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to become friends with and I know that for one I am extremely happy to have you all on my side. *Huggles*

Well, the week is set to be pretty much of the same. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment in Springfield and I plan on stopping by to visit my co-workers at work for a little bit just to get out a bit. We will probably hang out less than an hour but if you are a co-worker, feel free to drop by Jim's office or I may be out in the cafeteria for awhile during break time. I will be up to visitors just be prepared for me to not be moving around a whole lot. In other words, you have to come see me.

I promise I will keep my head covered unless someone wants to see it and then we'll go someplace a little less, obvious. Just be prepared because I do still have pretty prominent discoloration in my eye and face. It looks like I was in one heck of a battle but the good news is... I won. Last I knew the other guy was in a test tube somewhere being dissected. :)

Oh, one more thing for this upcoming week... I am hoping to talk John into dropping me over to square dancing for a little while on Saturday night. I imagine we will be there early while the rounds are going on since the square dance might be a bit too much for me. (Don't worry, I have NO intention on dancing!!!) It just might be a little harder to sit on the sidelines for squares so I might come at the 7 and may be gone by 8 so if you want to visit... I'd love to see you!!!

Huggles to everyone. We did it!!! The power of God came through yet again!!! (And as my Father-n-law says "The doctor's get the fees!!!")

No comments:

Post a Comment