Monday, June 9, 2008

We're In the very Beginning

I guess I really need to start a bit towards the beginning. Monday, June 9th, John and I had a fabulously uneventful drive to Chicago in preparation for my brain surgery. We arrived early in the afternoon and had plenty of time to relax and chill as we waited to attend our gathering with friends. We had a great time and it really helped me keep my mind off the impending day.

We met with my good friend Louise and her family before going over to another friends house, Alicia, where we met with her lovely family, Bonnie, Genia, Julie, and of course her little angel MJ. I think John was pleasantly pleased that Alicia's children were around because it kept him from being "bored" with the "FlySisters". It was just a good time with lots of fun talking and it just hit the spot. Alicia served a wonderful meal and I think everyone had a good time. I hope to do it again sometime under better circumstances. :)

I'm trying to think if there is anything else major to discuss from Monday, but I'm not really thinking of anything. I will post a few pics of what I did to my hair in preparation for surgery even though I would later find out it wouldn't do me much good. (Long story and you'll see later)

Anyway, here's your pics and stay tuned for tomorrow when we jump right into surgery day in all of it's glory. :)




1 comment: