Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Was Right All Along

I was quoted many, many times as saying I dreaded the IV more than I did the surgery. As it turns out, I had every reason in the world to. :) I guess sometimes people just know what their tolerance is.

Anyway, I think I left off heading to the C-T Scan. I really wish I could give better details of that scan but I guess a bit foggy wasn't the best way to have your first one. So be it. I'm sure there will be others some day and I will report it in all its glory. It wasn't long (although I'm sure it was much longer than I realize) I was wheeled to C-T to makes sure that there were no developing clots in the surgical area. I remember some lights, a shot of pain killer in my IV, maybe even another shot of nausea med all before they gave me a contrast in my IV for the C-T. I believe this shot is what did whatever happened to my IV. I believe it was a blown vessel but I'm not sure I've ever gotten anything official on this. I just know it hurt like a...

It's just not right that your arm hurts you more than you head just hours after massive brain surgery. Something just didn't feel right there. Who knows, maybe the one thing I feared was in my mind and that's the only reason it happened. I didn't fear like that for anything else and all turned out ok...

The next few hours are a bit blurry and have no idea what order certain things occurred in. I was introduced to my day nurse in the "ICU" and at some point she convinced me to let my parents visit with my hubby. I wasn't keen on anyone visiting there because I was uncomfortable with being hooked up to things. As it turned out, I never left the "ICU" room but everything came off so that was what mattered. I will never forget how good it felt to see my hubby when he walked into the room. His eyes told me solid relief and it felt good to see him that way. I could only imagine what his wait for me was like but from what he tells me, it could have been a lot worse. Luckily, it was rather quick and he was fighting some wireless issues so it kept him busy.

I guess I can finally post the next one with some pictures on just what was seen that first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment