Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What a Way to Start/End

You know what they say about the best laid plans... LOL. I was looking forward to dancing for the first time in over a month and being able to just totally lose myself in it, but mother nature had other ideas for us. Yesterday afternoon it decided to snow and it just kept up until it appeared to be enough on the ground to make things a bit treacherous. However, the snow wasn't the worst of it. The winds whipped at least 30 miles per hour all night long. We ended up deciding it was safer to stay home than be 30 miles from home in drifting snow on New Years. I don't trust drivers on New Years as it is, let alone in the above conditions.

So instead we stayed home and road the snow mobile for about an hour then played Harry Potter Scene It. We rang in the New Year watching the ball drop on TV. Not exactly the end to 2007 or the start of 2008 that I envisioned but it symboled last year very well. Enjoy the small things in life like winning at HP even though your hubby gets all the easy questions and you get all of Muggle questions that no one has a clue on. :) Oh, and as for the start of 2008, had we gone as planned, I would have enjoyed a long kiss from John and Midnight and hugs from all of my friends. As it was, we shouted "Happy New Year" and I fell asleep in his arms. I guess it's a fair trade off.

So here is to 2008. So many unknowns are yet to be decided, so much life is yet to be lived, and so much love is to being given. I love you all and wish you a fantastic 2008!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment