Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Welcome to Central Illinois Weather

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday so I thought I'd take a few minutes to post it today. All I can sum it up with is that the midwest has the greatest variety of weather around. :)

Yesterday morning it was in the high thirties when I drove to work. At noon (as late as 2 according to the news) it was 63 degrees F outside. At two I check the weather center and there were thunder storms rolling in where I live and rain. Not long after this it began raining where I work. (I work over half and hour from where I live.) At 3:30, my mom called and told me I better consider driving home because it was already icy out and was only going to get worse. My car read 23 degrees at this point and we were getting sleet. By the time I got home, the town I work in was reporting snow. Last night it reached 9 degrees with 45 mile per hour winds making it feel well below zero.

How's that for some fun weather changes? It's no wonder I get sinus infections and the like as bad as I do. We will go four or five days that you need t-shirts and within 24 hours you need the long johns and heavy coats. Ahhh, the thrill of living in the Midwest!!!

Anyway, just had to tell you about our fabulous weather. Oh and we're supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow night. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment