Sunday, January 6, 2008

We Had a Great Time

Last night we got to dance and I had a fabulous time. Dancing really is food for the soul. :)

We ended up having to sit out a few extra dances because I couldn't breathe from my stuffed up nose but we had a ball on the dances we did do. I also enjoyed meeting up with my dancing friends. They are all such great people and we have so much fun. Besides, dance is one of the few places I can go, be completely me, and forget everything else going on in my life for a few hours. Sometimes dance can give me a lot of strange feelings because of my age. You see, I am the youngest adult dancer in our club. (my son is the youngest dancer) I have always gotten along with those much older than me and honestly, most the time I fit in better with older generations. So I get along with everyone in dance very well. So most times we are equals, they are just older and wiser equals. However, since my diagnosis, they have become support and strength, they are almost like lots of Grandparents supporting me through the time. It feels good to have 60+ Grandparents.

Anyway, we had a great time and I hope to do it a lot in the next few weeks. I really want to get back into the swing of things. (no pun intended) Well, that's good for now. I just wanted to check in since I didn't yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment