Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Week In Review 5-9-2008

Ok, so this is Sunday morning and I'm just not posting this. I apologize heavily for not putting reviews in for the last month. I've just been super busy and the weekly review was one of the things that fell off the world. :) So here it is... for the first time in May:

Medically - I had to see my chiropractor again last week after my neck didn't recover from our parent/child soccer game the week before. He was able to get me mostly back into line. My allergies have been going hard and heavy the last few days in particular. Even my allergy meds aren't keeping the semi stuffy nose and itchy watery eyes from developing. Tis the season. I'm just hoping at this point to let it run its course so that by the time we go on vacation the first week of June, it is all over with. I don't think there is anything else going on medically.

Emotionally - It was overall a rough week in the emotional front this week. The five week mark on Tuesday hit me like a ton of bricks and the one month mark yesterday caught me out of left field. As I was telling John last night, it's not really that it's one month away OMG... it's that I only have one month to finish doing what I need to. Beyond that I did have my moments where I asked myself what in the world I was doing. I guess sometimes I pop back to the, "You are not having problems so why are you doing this," thinking. I guess it's to be expected. However, I do think I am doing the right thing. My mind is set on it and I'm as ready as I'll ever be for it. This is something that really needs to be done so that a truly bad timing doesn't jump in instead.

Mentally - I think I've mentioned the "hard deadline" before and I seriously thought the one month mark would be a big motivational spot but that is backfiring on me. Yesterday I didn't get even a portion of what I needed done and it was this thinking, "I'll never get it all done so why bother". In one of my groups we call that "stinking thinking" and I am going to do my best to keep it away and still focus on the important things. I need to sit down and reevaluate the goals of what needs done and when. It seems there just isn't enough "good energy" hours in the day. Otherwise, things are really going like every day. Which is good because I miss the everyday.

Physically - I've been pretty tired most of the week and it's a combination of allergy meds and my natural physical down. I've tracked my swings for long enough that I know when my energy levels are going to suck (times of day, month, and year) and when my energy levels will raise. I have to just remind myself that you can't fight nature. Anyway, I look forward to my natural energy rise mid to late next week. I should be able to make some positive forward progress so hopefully this is just want we're waiting on.

Family - Well, we have had a good month. We've spent a lot of time together as a family and just plain having fun. The parent/child soccer game was a blast and I really enjoyed spending the time with son. He kept saying, "You better watch my mom, she's good." LOL I don't know where he got that idea since I had never played soccer other than PE but I think it's pretty cool all the same.

He is doing really well in school. The grades aren't as high as I'd like but he is trying and as long as he is doing his best, I'm not one to complain. I've reminded him that he has to meet certain requirements if he wishes to play any school sports and that is what he is working towards. I've also told him if he meets certain requirements this last quarter, than I will get him a month long sub to the game we all play. So he is working particularly hard towards that.

John is very busy right now. They are smack in the middle of planting season and this has been a particularly busy season this year. He's put in a lot of hours but he is doing a lot at home as well. He finished my computer desk units so I'm finally able to finish the computer room (minus the few pieces that aren't critical). He has also got our lawn mower ready to sell. If anyone in my area is looking for a riding mower, let me know.

Beyond that I think the one month mark hit him pretty hard as well. I've been reading a lot of things on "Carers" the last few weeks and I will just repeat that I'm glad I'm the patient not the carer. I know it's got to be hard for him but he is doing very well. I've told him he can always use my blog if he wants but he's not taken me up on that. He's not near the communicator that I am. I can sit here and "talk to myself" all day but he would rather not. Don't worry, when I'm out I have a friend who will be updating my blog until I can get back to it. You guys will be updated. :)

Play - Well, my son's soccer season is officially over. Their record ended up being not great but they did have two ties. He loved playing though because he learned a lot about being a goalie and he really enjoys that position. Yesterday, they had a soccer clinic that is run by the high school coach. He had a really good time and learned several things. He left the clinic telling me that he definitely wanted to continue playing soccer and that he may even play in the Pros some day. I'm just glad to see him finding something he truly enjoys. So, now I need to stay on the ball and make sure I get him in every opportunity I can for soccer between now and high school. His high school is on the large side so he will have to work very hard to make the team but I know if he sets him mind to it he will.

We haven't been dancing in a very long time. :( John has been late getting off of work and by the time he takes a chill it's just not worth going. Six days at work just wears him out so much that it's hard to consider anything else in there. We will go to next weeks dance and then I'll have only one more dance before I have surgery. Yikes. I shouldn't think of it that way.

Otherwise, not sure that we've been doing anything specific in the Play category. 4H is over for the summer and my son will have to work on his projects but otherwise it's just normal days.

We are working towards our plans for the first week of June. I think it will be a fabulous vacation even if it is a bit short. I'll post all about them later this week.

Well, I think that pretty much sums things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment