Saturday, May 17, 2008

The week in Review 5-16-2008

I'll be posting this late but I started it Friday. I just had enough going on that I didn't have time to finish typing it up until Saturday morning.

Medically - Other than fighting allergies, things have been on the quiet side medically this week. My allergy meds are only partially fighting it but it's no wonder with the weather changes we've been having. You can't expect anything to fight the impossible.

Emotionally - I was about the same as last week. I've had a few spells where I've just started rambling to whoever was around to listen but I think it's all to be expected. I've pretty much come to terms with the surgery and the like, it's more people that I'm struggling with now. There's just some things that no one understands about me and there's no way of making them understand so I just have to bite my tongue and deal with it on my own time. That sucks. It really does.

Mentally - I did make some progress this week but further was hindered thanks to my energy cycle being off and therefore I'm not sleeping too well. Typically I have two major spurts of energy in a day (early morning and late afternoon) then I am well ready for bed by 8 AM. However, recently my spurts have been early morning and late evening causing me to be anything but ready for bed until almost 10. I finally force myself to go to bed but then I wake up around 1 thinking the night is over and I'm ready to go again. This would be fine if I didn't have to get up at 5 AM to go to work all day and could take an afternoon nap or something. Many believe it might be subconscious anxiety that is causing this change. I don't honestly know because other than a few scattered times, I've been doing remarkably well with the anxiety. (Better with this than I was with things that didn't matter this time last year.) Anyway, I am continuing to move forward and if I can get my energy cycles sorted out I may be able to finish all the important stuff yet.

Physically - Basically I think the previous paragraph explains all of this.

Family -It has been overall a pretty decent week. We had a nice evening Friday night for my little brother's graduation from college. Yep, he passed me up. He got his bachelor's degree. That's cool with me. He deserves it. :)

I think everyone has been enjoying the week at our house. My son finally finished his room so he was officially ungrounded from video games and has been loving the fact he is back on them. However, I think things are starting to reach him a little bit. It seems like he frequently looks at me and says "Mommy, I love you." for no real reason. I think it's cute but I hate that he has to be worrying about me. It will be over soon enough.

John has been in a very similar position. I know he took off early one day this week because he just couldn't concentrate. Truth is, I left about an hour early one day as well. However, we are hanging in there, enjoying planning out our vacation to Ohio, and just enjoying life. :)

Play - We hope to go to my last dance before surgery tonight so that will be an interesting event. Beyond that we've not been doing a whole lot.

Well, I'm going to wrap this up because I have some work to do. *Huggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment