Monday, September 17, 2007

The Woman Behind the Blog

I can't think of any better place to start than with an introduction so that you know who the sometimes crazy person called DreamCatcher is. I'll admit that I don't normally consider myself a blogger but a friend mentioned it and I must admit that I liked the idea. If for no other reason than to be able to just randomly discuss the things going on in my life.

So, about me... My real name is Amy and I am a 28 year old that lives in the central Illinois area in the USA. I have been happily married for almost 11 years now to a wonderful husband named John (or Deereslayer). Together we have a 10 year old son Jazer who is just growing up so fast I'm not even sure where to start with him.

Anyway, I enjoy several things including Harry Potter, a Harry Potter related site called Plano Hogwarts, the online game Puzzle Pirates, reading, gardening (even if I do have a brown thumb), playing sports out in the yard, writing, Chicago Cubs, and just about anything different I'll try once.

So, what possessed someone this boring to decide to create her own blog? Good question. Well in short the answer is that my life changed forever on August 22, 2007 with five little words: "You have a brain tumor". I obviously have a lot to fill you in on since that was almost four weeks ago but don't fear I won't do it all at once. Any time you see the word "Beginnings" in the Title, you'll know that it's a flashback.

What do I hope to accomplish? I hope that it will help me cope with the future, help others through similar battles, and remind everyone that life is short so don't forget to "Thank the lord, every day, for just another day in paradise". Oh, and the final thing is to see if I really can keep a blog going with every title staying with the site's theme... just five words. (The exception will be those in the "Beginnings" category. I will not be counting the word Beginnings in the title count but the remaining will be five.) I do hope I'm up to that fun little challenge that will keep me motivated.

Ok, I'm off for now. I'll fill you in on much more as we move along. *Huggles*

(Quote is from the song "Just Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar. It's a song that truly speaks if you ever get the chance to hear it.)

1 comment: