Monday, February 25, 2008

A Post Back to Kathy :)

I could post this as a reply in my comments but I haven't had a whole lot to write lately and this way I am hoping she will see it.

Kathy,

Thank you for your comment on my earlier post. I am glad you found me in your searches. It is knowledge and awareness that is one of my prime reasons for writing this blog. I know the 38lemon site that is listed on the right hand side of my page has been a huge help to me and I hope mine will do the same for others.

I am very sorry to hear that your sister has joined the club no one wants to be a part of. However, I have learned that although it is a scary diagnosis, there are many people living good lives even in the wake of such a diagnosis. I have learned throughout the last six months that there is a fear associated with the words brain tumor. It is something that can instantly bring others to a gasp and, unfortunately, the first thing most think about is the worst. This is not always the case and it is a fightable disease.

Your sister and your family will be in my prayers that surgery goes well on the 11th and she makes a speedy and full recovery. I have seen many come through surgery and be back to themselves in a short time. I am going to pass along some resources to you and your sister if she is interested.

First is a yahoo group that is a fabulous source of information and support:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gliomasupport/

Second is the site I mentioned earlier. David has been through a lot and his website has been a source of information for me.
http://www.38lemon.com/index.php

Third is my direct email. I have not put my actual email here but I think you can figure it out easily enough. (my name)79a@gmail.com Feel free to email me and we can talk more detailed about things instead of typing out here. As you can see, I am pretty open about talking what is going on in my life. Trust me when I say talking about things is a huge relief.

I hope the doctors are correct and your sister's tumor is a low-grade glioma. From my understanding, it's not a bad tumor to have. Did your sister have problems that led to the diagnosis? How large do they believe it is? Is she holding up well... I know I know... considering?

I look forward to talking to you more here or by email.

Your family is in my prayers.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment