Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Some Things to Ponder

Today I took the WAIS (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale) test of intelligence. It is a series of 14 tests that test your verbal and performance intelligence. Typically the verbal numbers would be indicative of the left side of your brain and the performance would be indicative of the right side of your brain. The results in this test didn't really surprise me but I find them very interesting.

In the verbal portion of the test I scored 124. This score is considered very superior and only 8 points from genius. (I will not get a big head from this number... LOL) However, in the performance portion (More based on visual cues) I had a test score of 93. There is a huge difference in the two numbers. I have always noticed that my visual acuity is not in line with my "intelligence" but I had not clue it was this much inferior. This isn't completely surprising since my tumor is on the right portion of my brain but it is an eye opener all the same. Who would have ever thought that my scores could be so significantly different? I know I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

So this test gives us a lot of interesting things to note and it will be interesting to see if these numbers change significantly over time. If they lower significantly, it would be showing the decline of my brain over time caused from my tumor.

Ok, for those that are interested, my comprehensive IQ ended up at 108 which is perfectly normal thank you very much. I will just continue to remember that my inability to judge distances, visualize concepts, and recall events is due to my tumor... oh and to stay in jobs that require brain performance not visual. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment