Thursday, February 14, 2008

Friends Make All the Difference

As I am coming ever nearer to the six month diagnosis of the discovery of my brain tumor and I have caught myself looking back and thinking about all the many ways my life has changed because of it. Six months ago, John and I were still trying to conceive our second child, my biggest worry was how the Cubs would do, and everyday life almost felt like a nuisance. After August 22nd, all of that changed. Having a second child no longer became a priority but rather it felt like a burden, the Cubs season became a welcome distraction instead of something I truly cared about, and every single day became a gift that I cherished.

Beyond all of this, my diagnosis had some very positive things, none of which were more positive then the friendships that have developed and the warm feeling I get as I continue each step of this journey. This entry is for you... my friends.

Some give the listening ear when you just need to vent and whine, others give you that encouragement you need to make the next step, still others offer of their prayers with all of their heart. These are the people that support me through thick and thin in this journey and beyond. Without them, I'm not sure where I'd mentally be today.

Without further ado, I wish to make a special shout out to the following people:

Jessi - Now and forever my best friend
Jim - Much more than just a boss
Robyn - A new friend made since my diagnosis who has been a huge help to me when I am at work
Jennifer - A friend from online who has been there through much of this journey
Randy - More than just my therapist but a friend
Doctor Dewitt
Kate - My neighbor, walking partner, and friend
Katke - A friend from online who has been a huge supporter in this journey
John - My best friend, husband, and soul mate.

And everyone else who has supported, prayed, listened, and lifted me through out this process. Sometimes you really don't realize how many people's lives you touch until you truly need it and they show you how much you mean to them. I have been blessed with so many friends in my life and I value each and every one of you. I do not know where my journey will take me next but I know I will never be alone in it. May God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment