Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks, The Third Edition

Today I wish to give thanks for my little miracle, my son. Twelve years ago at the age of 17, I never dreamed that the child I carried would be the only I would ever. At one time in my teens, I had declared that I did not want children of my own. I wanted to adopt. As John and I struggled through those early years, my heart longed for a second. However, my sense of money would not allow me to contemplate it until we were easily standing on our own two feet. Unfortunately, when that finally happened, it seemed like one thing after the other stood in our way before we finally gave up on the dream entirely. Therefore, I give a huge thank you for my miracle that I didn't even realize would mean so much to me. I love you, Jazer.

My son is also the most caring and compassionate child I have ever met. He will do anything for you. For instance, when he was younger (2nd or 3rd grade) they would get "school bucks" for doing well and then they would have an auction for little odds and ends. Well, instead of buying something for himself, he bid on some necklaces and a ring... for who else but me. I was almost in tears when I heard what he had done. He is my sweet little angel and I have been truly blessed. I know this past year has not been easy on any of us but for him especially I know it has been rough. He hasn't been able to do things he wanted because of surgery this summer and he has had to adjust to mommy's mood swings quite a bit but he is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment