Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Finally Wore Myself Out

... and it was just what I needed!!!

I had a fabulous day yesterday. I got a fair amount of stuff accomplished including making a nice meal for my family. It felt really good. I also accomplished several meaningless... errr productive tasks that made me feel like I'm actually living again instead of just existing. That means a lot to me and I'm really looking forward to seeing things start fitting back into place.

I will admit that I think I both mentally and physically exhausted myself yesterday but I knew when 8:30 rolled around and I was tired, that it was just what my body had ordered. (For those that maybe don't know... pre-surgery I usually went to bed between 8 and 9 PM every night. I'm just one of those people that need that 8-10 hours of good quality sleep to be in prime working order and I've done it my entire life.) Anyway, I slept about 9 hours solid and it really was the best sleep I've had since surgery. I was just out and I've awaken this morning feeling truly rejuvenated.

It's still very early in the day but my mind in clearer this morning than it has been in weeks. I like being able to sit here at my laptop and words just flow to my fingers. I have struggled with this fog enough the past few that it just feels good to be feeling normal.

I think I will have to take it relatively easy today because I don't want to go reverse by overdoing it too often in a row but if this is any indication, I have a feeling things are starting to look even more up in the days to come.

Well, just a short and sweet blog post. Who knows, maybe today will be another good day and I'll get some more of my surgery blogs written.

*huggles and God bless*

No comments:

Post a Comment