Thursday, January 22, 2009

Captaining Relay For Life Team

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted. I must have really fallen off the update wagon there!!! Sorry about that. Anyway, today I come to you after having some soul searching over the past few weeks and God working over time to make sure I knew I was in the right direction.

Since I'm hoping to go on a six month schedule following my February MRI, I feel now is the time I can relax a bit and get more involved with advocacy and awareness of cancer and brain research. Well, the first of these attempts was presented to me on Monday when I was asked to become a Team Captain for the American Cancer Society's Relay of Life. I attended a meeting on Wednesday about it and I'm really excited about it. I am working on creating a team for it and I've had a few volunteers already but I need quite a few more. You will probably see a lot of posts about it on here in the coming weeks as I try to figure out what in the world I am doing. Don't worry, I hope to also figure out ways for all of you to contribute as well if you wish.

So, that's what I've been up to the past week. Hope all is going well. *huggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment