Friday, April 11, 2008

The Week in Review 4-11-2008

Medically - Well, after spending the whole first half of the week extremely sick, I'm doing much better now. All three of us were down with a stomach bug of sorts and we're all glad to be "almost normal" again. I am still having to watch what I eat and get stomach cramps every time I do eat but at least it's staying put now. Beyond that, we really didn't have anything medically related.

Emotionally - This ended up being yet another emotional week and again it wasn't for the reasons most would expect. It is indirectly related to the surgery and tumor but it is directly related to my feelings and unfortunately no one seems to think that my feelings in this whole thing matters. Maybe I am wrong by what I am wanting but I can't see where it is so much to ask. I know this is a bit cryptic but basically I need to have a confrontation this evening and we'll see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, I may have some unwelcome announcements coming out real soon.

Mentally - Despite being sick, I have continued to make forward progress on preparing for this thing... well for surgery at least. I have got a plan laid out at work that will allow me to get a good portion of the critical stuff done there prior to surgery. Things are laid out by week. We'll see how it works out. At home, I continue to make progress on the computer room and I FINALLY found a CD program I've been desperately looking for. I need to make some changes on a legal document and I couldn't find the program for it. Now that I've found it, I can finally make the needed changes.

Physically - So much for feeling great last week. The bug and my emotional state zapped most of my physical strength this week. I dropped 7 pounds in 7 days. Not a pretty way to lose weight and way too fast. Anyway, I didn't do my workout all week because of it. I'm going to let myself "heal" the remainder of the week and try to jump back in next week. Hopefully, I'll be feeling up to it by Monday. Otherwise, as soon as I can get back to eating without feeling like I'm going to lose it, I'll be all set to go again.

Family - After all of us fighting this bug this week I think most of us feel a bit run down but if you take that out of the equation, we are feeling pretty good. We've had several good talks this week on various subjects and John has reassured me many times that he will stand behind the decisions I feel I need to make. He has occasionally tries to make me see what I am saying but for the most part he realizes that this whole battle has to be fought with me in the lead and his job is to stand beside me and give me that lift when I need it. It's fabulous to have someone that truly understands who I am and where I am in this journey. He knows that if this is to be won, it has to be a journey that I am able and willing to take because if it's not, well it will be a losing battle. He also understands that if this is a path I am going to go on, I need to do it my way. If I don't feel like I have control where I need it, what's the point in fighting it?

Sorry, that one kinda dovetailed into what I mentioned in the first paragraph. I'm struggling with a situation right now that has to deal with family but neither of my boys. I am really trying to see this person's point of view but we are just enough different that I am struggling to put myself in her shoes. I know that if the roles were reversed and she felt the way I do, I would step down because it's not my fight to win. However, that is where we are different. I am willing to fight down when it is best and I guess she's not. However, I know I need to focus on things that are important and although this is important to me, it's not important in the grand scheme of things. Tonight I plan on addressing it, one final time. We'll see what happens when it is all said and done.

Play - Well, last week before we all got sick we were able to watch my son's soccer game and enjoy a night dancing. This was only the second game that John has been able to watch him play. Last fall, when he played, John was in harvest and only saw the very last game. Luckily, he had Saturday off so he got to see another one. It was a great game. They lost but they played well. He got to be goalie and I do think he's found his niche. It will be interesting to see if he gets to play it more. I think it's a good place for him and he felt good about the position.

Dancing was pretty normal. We had a really good crowd and as always had a good time. My neck was bothering me a bit so I didn't dance as much as I normally do but not a big deal. We were sick and didn't get to go to the 4H meeting. *sigh*

Well, this will be a mostly quiet weekend. JJ has soccer but beyond that it will be staying home and getting some good work done. I'm hoping we'll be able to get the next piece of the computer room brought in. :D

*Huggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment