Monday, April 7, 2008

Many Things Can Be Blessed

Yesterday my son came down with some sort of a stomach virus. Early this morning, I came down with the same. By noon, John was home with it as well. So we are all three home today and sick. How can this be a blessing?

This afternoon we were surprised by a call from John's Grandma. (My Grandma-n-law) His Dad had passed the word on to her about my condition and my decision to do surgery. She wanted to let me know that I was in everyone's thoughts and prayers in South Carolina. It felt really good. John and I have been married for 11 years and I have never actually met her. She sounds like a wonderful lady and I am blessed to have spoken with her. Had we not all been home sick, we would not have had this blessing today.

My husband's family is scattered around the country so I have not had the privilege of meeting many of them and those I have I don't see often. However, their support as we've continued this journey means a lot and I am deeply touched by all of their kind words. It for everyone that I fight the good fight and know that I will come out on top in the end.

PS. Thank you Dad for lifting my spirits Friday and passing the word along to Grandma. It really meant a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment