Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There's a Soccer Game Tonight

Our son plays soccer for the YMCA and tonight their coach is going to be holding a practice disguised as a parent/kid game. I look forward to it. Our son hasn't played in a whole lot of sports so this will be the first one of its kind. I remember all the times in sports that we played against the parents, teachers, or others. I am pretty sure that the "adults" always let us win just as we will probably tonight but it will be a lot of fun all the same. I can't wait.

However, this first parent/child game is also a bit on the bittersweet side because I don't honestly know if there will ever be another. They are telling me that after my head heals, I can do everything I do now but I have to keep in the back of my mind that it might not be the case. I mean honestly, is it truly safe for me to play sports such as soccer after I've had a piece of my skull removed? Maybe it is but it just seems a bit... odd. I don't know. I trust my doctor but I have to believe that after this surgery, whether I like it or not, my life is going to be changed forever. *sigh*

Ok, I'm getting off this subject. Wish me luck keeping up with a bunch of 11 year olds tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment