Saturday, September 27, 2008

Let's Help Support Childhood Cancer

I know this is late going out and I apologize. Like so many important things I've needed to do over the past several weeks, this was put on the back burner due to my inability to focus or get motivated. For that, I apologize because this something that I feel strongly about and wish I could have done more.

Childhood Cancer is massively underfunded in the world of cancers. The month of September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and if you see someone wearing a Golden ribbon, this is the reason. Many of my inspiration to fight comes from these young warriors who are fighting anything from brain cancer to leukemia. Some have lost their battle and won their angel wings, others continue the fight until that cure can be found. I am going to send a message to the moms of one of my favorite little warriors to get permission to share his story. I think you will be as touched by this little guy as I have been. Several times, when I have felt like I can't move on, I ask myself what Coleman would do and I think about his may prayers to "Gawd". He's truly a dear who has dealt with a cancerous brain tumor for almost half of his young life.

Sorry, I got sidetracked there. I hope some of you see this into this final weekend of September and think about this if you are heading out to a nice meal away. Chili's is donating a portion of all proceeds to St. Judes to help fight Childhood Cancer and on the 29th, they will donate all of their profit to it. Let's help this fight everyone.

I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Dreamcatcher,

    I think you may be referring to Coleman and Team Larson. If I'm off base; I apologize. If it is Team Larson to which you refer, you are already aware of the petition and the PAC2. If you're not here's the deal....

    We would like you to visit and consider joining the People Against Childhood Cancer community. We are a network of over 900 parents, friends, family, concerned citizens and childhood cancer organizations (CureSearch, Alex's Lemonade Stand and more) whose sole mission is to present a unified voice to raise awareness of childhood cancer. The website format is unique, you can have friends, post photos and videos, blog, participate in Forum discussions, start or join Groups that interest you, chat live with other members, and promote or learn about fundraisers. It's free, interactive and will continue to evolve.

    While these features are nice, our focus is action to raise awareness of childhood cancer. One initiative is the Petition to Raise Awareness of Childhood Cancer . It has over 16,000 signatures and will be used to hopefully leverage a network TV special solely on childhood cancer or a similar high profile project. Other ideas and action items are presented daily in our ongoing effort to raise awareness.

    Please visit and join us at http://curechildhoodcancer.ning.com.

    PS If you join or already part of the PAC2, please shoot me a line....search members (Diane Bishop). Hang in there girl....

    ReplyDelete