Monday, November 8, 2010

Lots of Good Things Today

Well, I think this has turned into a very good day for me despite having a rough pain night last night.


Last night I didn't sleep well at all thanks to some left side extremity pain. The steroids have finally done what I knew they would in that they have weakened the cartlidge in my knee. Steroids are bad enough on joints without having bad joints going into it so I should have known that no amount of gentle exercising and rest on them would keep them from weakening. I officially can no longer climb stairs. No big deal I guess. I got through that part last time and it doesn't seem to be as bad this time. YAY!!! Anyway, the weakening has me walking weird which caused me a lot of pain last night. Only two hours worth so it could have been worse. I've handled worse just hate when it happens at midnight or so. UGH!!!

Anyway, woke up this morning starving and took my meds, then back to nap. Got lots of stuff done after I got up though. Got some important phone calls made. Got news that our house refi went through. Major YAY!!! Got my local oncologist called for a consult so we can start making arrangements for my chemo treatment. (Nov. 30) Got what should be my final date on the steroids (Nov. 19th) Another MAJOR YAY!!! The timing seems to fit pretty good. I should be off the steroids and feeling better by Thanksgiving, won't start my first round of chemo until after Thanksgiving, and the timing of the second round will put it after Christmas so I should feel good for all the holidays. :) Also, I think the timing of the second round of chemo will allow me to put off returning to work until after the first of the year, which is good in that respect too. Then I won't be the only one at work over Christmas shutdown and can start fresh on the new year.

Ok, I think it's time for my afternoon nap now. Steroid issues are starting to minimize so that's a good thing (other than the knees of course but that will still be several weeks I'm sure until things come back to normal).

Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers. Got a good week planned and I look forward to seeing some of my friends at work tomorrow and get these staples out!!! YAY!!!

Huggles to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment