Thursday, October 1, 2009

There's Some Major Milestones Now

Ten years ago today, I became officially employed at my current place of employment under a small company known as Hobbs Corporation. I have seen a lot in those ten years here. The walls have changed a few times. My original office is now a row of cubicles and the area of our IT lab used to be Quality. I have seen three corporate employers including the latest where we also lost our Hobbs name. I have seen our company go from 204 users on a Novell network to 55 users on a corporate run Microsoft domain. I have seen co-workers and friends come and go. I have seen a good company fight its way along a sometimes difficult path. Most importantly, I have made friends here that have meant more to me in the last two years than anyone will every know. It's been quite the journey since I started here. May there be many years yet in this site.

One year ago today, I went to the hospital to take my last radiation treatment. I was excited but exhausted at the same time. It marked the end of phase two of my treatment for what turned out to be a cancerous brain tumor. Now a year after the end of it, I am still fighting the cancer and even some of the effects of that treatment. The key word is I'm fighting it. :)

On Monday, it will be 13 years since my husband and I walked down the aisle. It really doesn't seem possible that it's been 13 years. I guess it's true that time flies when you are having fun. We've been through so much together and I love him more with each passing day. How could I not when we have been through the struggles we have? This should be my lucky year. 13 is my lucky number so we'll see. We have come a long way from the two kids that we were when we were first married, living on his meager paycheck while I completed school. We have bucked the odds in so many ways as we stand united after 13 years. We are happy, have a healthy son, own our own home, and would never dream of it being any other way. Sure, we'd love to win a huge sum of money so we could enjoy the benefits of our hard work but we also realize that having each other is just as important. 13 years... wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment