Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Adding Just One More Stressor

Today they announced at work that they will be closing the plant I work at sometime in the next year. I would be lying if I said I was surprised. We have all felt for some time that our jobs were already on borrowed time. After they announced the closure of our sister plant earlier in the year, we were even more certain it was just a matter of time for us as well.

We don't have a time frame nor do I know what this means for me. Things can go in several different ways and we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, I am preparing what is needed to ensure that my family is in good position regardless of what happens with my job. We are fortunate in that we can live off of John's salary and it would just be my medical expenses that would cause issue.

We'll have to wait and see what path we must go on. From what I am gathering from those making the decisions, God is truly the only one that knows what will take place at this time. We are strictly along for the ride until which time the pieces fall together. As I said, I know that we will come out stronger in the end and that we will come out on top just as we always have. Everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment