Monday, October 3, 2011

UPdate - Doing Much Better Now

Another busy week and feeling a lot better than I was.


  • It has been 4 +years since I was diagnosed with what was believed to be a benign brain tumor.
  • It has been more than three years since my first surgery confirmed it was a malignant tumor not benign
  • It has been 4 years since I was diagnosed with what was believed to be a benign brain tumor.
  • It has been more than three years since my first surgery confirmed it was a malignant tumor not benign
  • I have completed 7 rounds of Temodar chemo and will have my third round of a new chemo avastin on Wednesday.
Medically - I'm steadily improving with each day and will be starting my third round of Avastin on Wednesday.  SO far I haven't had any side effects other than the expected fatigue.  *KNock on wood*.  I pretty much have my left side strength back and my mind get clearer by the day.

EMotionally - Other than being down in the dumps because I"m not allowed to

Mentally - I've been doing a lot of reading and my concentration is doing well

Family - This was a good week for us.  John is working his tail off and I've barely seen him before 8 PM for a couple of weeks.  My son had his first homecoming dance last weekend.  He went with a friend NIcole Allen.  They had a blast and they looked fabulous.

Other - We had a big reunion Saturday with all my former coworkers.  It was great seeing everyone that I haven't seen since I got sick last October.  THey will forever be family to me.  MY one and only place of employment at this point, possibly forever since I'm on social securitydisability with something that never really goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment