Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trigeminal Nerve... Answering a Comment

This post in in response to a comment left by Kristen:

hi, i just read your post....was wondering if your nerve healed back to normal.
Thanks for the inquiry, Kristen.

I will admit that I don't think too much about the trigeminal nerve any more taking the lead from my doctors who all think it is nothing in comparison to the other things I am dealing with. (I don't disagree but I also hate having some of these nagging little things out there that they won't deal with because of the "bigger fish to fry".)

Anyway, I have been taking Neurontin to keep the nerve from hurting with the "windburnt" feeling I had in the beginning. Therefore, it is very difficult to say for sure if it has healed fully or not. I still ocassionally get the numb feeling and my right eye still goes through major bouts of dryness, which are all issues I had in the beginning with the nerve. Therefore I am guessing it is still there and not really back to normal. With the assistance of the medication, it feels more normal but it has its days when it isn't.

I hope I was able to answer your question, Kristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment