Thursday, February 12, 2009

Help Support Relay For Life

I’ve decided to take a stand and fight back against cancer by captaining a team in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life® event right here in my community. Our team has pledged to raise $1000 to support the Society's mission to save lives and help people who have cancer. I'd love to reach that goal and be able to increase it. Remember every dollar counts when it comes to fighting cancer.

To steal my words straight from my Relay For Life Personal Page:

I Relay because I know that cancer doesn't care if you have a young child at home, have adequate health insurance, or are still in the prime of your life.

I Relay because I don't want to see any more children like Coleman, Julian, and Finn lose their childhood to cancer and earn their angel's wings way too early.

I Relay because I don't want my son and grandchildren to have to worry about losing their spouse, child, or parent to the beast we call cancer.

I Relay so that those that do have to travel this roller coaster have access to invaluable resources, support, and weapons in the fight against cancer.

I Relay because I want to see an end to cancer during my lifetime. Relay gives me the unique opportunity to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and support the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving mission by fighting back against a disease that has already taken too much from too many families.

I Relay because on August 23, 2007 I had an MRI that was resultant of being hit in the face with a baseball while playing catch in the backyard with my son. The MRI changed my world forever. Five little words changed my life when I was told I had a "benign" brain tumor.

I Relay because in June of 2008, the surgery that was to remove my "benign" brain tumor revealed that I had a grade three Anaplastic Astrocytoma. Malignant. Brain Cancer.

I Relay because I don't want others to have to hear those five words, "You have a brain tumor."

I Relay for me, my family, my friends, and those I have never met that have struggled alongside me or someone they love who is dealing with cancer.

I won't be alone in my efforts. Relay For Life® brings together more than 3.5 million people worldwide to:

  • CELEBRATE the lives of those who have battled cancer. The strength of survivors inspires others to continue to fight.
  • REMEMBER loved ones lost to the disease. At Relay, people who have walked alongside people battling cancer can grieve and find healing.
  • FIGHT BACK. We Relay because we have been touched by cancer and desperately want to put an end to the disease.
  • I hope you will support me in this important cause by making a secure, tax-deductible donation online.

    Whatever you can give will help - it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

    Huggles,

    Amy


    No comments:

    Post a Comment