Friday, March 18, 2011

Feeling Good; ROund Two Chemo

On day 3 of my second round of Chemo and feeling pretty good.


  • It has been almost 5 years since I was hit with a baseball that led to the discovery of my brain tumor.
  • It has been 4 years and 7 months since I completed External beam radiation.
  • It has been 4 years and 7 month since I had a partial resection (more partial than we realized at the time)of my grade three tumor.
  • It has been approximately 13 weeks since my second resection, shunt insertion, and the start of a month of chaos.
  • It has been 2 months since I had surgeries to have a shunt revision and second shunt inserted.

Medically - Both shunts appear to be working and my bone flap appears to have healed now so hopefully I will not have fluid issues again. :) I have not had fluid under my scalp since the shunts were revised. I am on round two of Temodar chemo and so far so good. I have improved a lot the past few weeks. I almost feel human again. LOL

Emotionally - Doing well and improving with each passing day. Biggest emotional issue right now is that all the manufacturing employees at the site I work at have been released and I know some I may never see again. :( I'm still hoping to get back before the last person is gone. (Probably the plant manager.) It's kind of bittersweet knowing that I should still be at the company but can't be because of leave. I've spent 245+- days a year there for 11 years and now it's just gone.

Mentally - I'm actually sharper on my brain games than I ever thought I would be. Mental stamina continues to be my biggest issue. About the only thing I can sit and do for more than an hour is watch TV and even that I can't do for too long.

Chemo - A new category for your enjoyment. I am currently on Day 3 of my second round of Temodar (a brain cancer chemo that is quite effective). At this point, I am doing very well with it. In my first round of chemo, I had some serious nausea issues on day 4 (I couldn't keep anything down). I've been journaling how I feel each day so that I have record of it as we go along.

Family - My son is FINALLY doing well in school so I am pretty ecstatic about it. John is still taking my last health dip hard but he's slowly doing better. It's been a wild few months. My Grandma appears to be developing Dementia/Alzheimers. She seems to be worse each time I see her. My mom is running herself crazy trying to take care of her and I am helpless to do anything since I can't drive. *sigh* My son turned 14 last month and I turned 32 this week. John will be 36 next month so we are in the middle of our birthday crazy time. Not sure there is much more going on.

Huggles,

No comments:

Post a Comment